Happy 2nd birthday Nathaniel. It has been 2 years of growth and development for both of us. We are under quarantine now. Since we are unable to have a birthday with all friends and family for you, they all wrote lovely notes for you. One day when you are big, you will read these notes and smile.
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y MY HANDSOME SON,
You are and will always be my joy, you have brought our families closer together with your adorable smile
Amazing laughter. you are my life and my joy
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, May you always be a blessing to our lives
LOVE YOU LOTS.
Happy 2nd birthday, my boy. It has been two years of holding you, hugs and kisses, smiles, laughter and tears, two years of growing to know you. I am grateful for each and every second, moment and memory made with you. Since you came into my life, my Mapalo, my blessing, My life has been changed upside down and inside out. One reason among others, is your dimpled smile that just melts my heart.
My heart is overjoyed, filled with love and my cup runneth over. I watch you grow right before my eyes. We wake up and you can do something you could not do yesterday. I love watching life through your eyes. You notice special everyday things that we (grown-ups) usually ignore.
I pray that God will continue to keep you safe, grant you a lot of more blessed years and may you grow in His hands like a potter and his clay. May the works of your hands and mind be fruitful. I will continue to be here for you. My son! Heart! My love!
Happy birthday Nathan today you turn two… Wishing you all the best as you continue to grow older
I love you lots baby brother.
Happy Birthday my boi, I wish you many more years to come and may all your wishes be granted onto you, nkjsdh cujn kjnibd CAR mnniun niuc ibuc ……Love you Mapp
HBD my brother. I hope you have a blessed day and many more to come. Love you always Uncle Desi
Happy birthday my sweet baby. I love you and cannot wait to meet you so I can give you a big squeeze. Keeping being the happy kid you are.
It is like yesterday that I held him in my hands at the hospital and so small. Now he is running around none-stop, so energetic and pleasant. He is a jewel.
Nathaniel 2nd Birthday
Nates and I love all sorts of toys cars! All cars are valuable. Cars keep our attention. We play with cars on the floors, lounges suits, coffee table and even the stage of the hall at a funeral. Nathaniel’s and my face brighten up when given a toy car! We love cars!
Nates and my bond are beyond our love for cars. I love him through our age differences, I find him uniquely valuable… Even in crowds I enjoy being with Nathaniel and give him my full attention. It is not about the comfort of the place that makes it conducive for me to love him, I am always able to display my love for him.
And when I am low, talking to Nathaniel makes me feel better. Yes, I have many others but I always eye Nathaniel for more. I love Him!
Happy Birthday my Boss Boy, Nathaniel
Aunt Lin and Grandma:
We thought this part of clan ended, till the eagle eyed and energy pack boy entered our lives. Nathaniel has brought so much pride and joy into our lives. Every time we have an opportunity to be together, he fills our lives with so much happiness. Our lives will never be the same again. It is and will be richer because Nathaniel has entered it. We pray that he will grow up to be a healthy, strong and God-fearing young man!
Happy 2nd Birthday Boy
From Grandma and Big Mummy
My handsome baby Nathaniel, you will be turning 2 on the second of May, I just want to wish you a happy birthday boo boo may the lord bless you with intelligence as you grow and be a blessing to mom and daddy and all those surrounding you, may you continue being a good boy and may all the angels of the lord surround always……………..xoxo
Part 2: Happy 2nd birthday
I decided to write a post on celebrating his milestones and achievements.
All the Words Nathaniel says at 2 years old.
|A for apple|
|Amu for food|
|B for blue|
|Boo for peekaboo|
|Bubba (colour stacking toy)|
|Carry you for carry me|
|Cha-cha or Chachi for breastmilk.|
|Chee for cheese|
|Chip for chips|
|Dai for daddy|
|Mama, mom, mummy|
|Nay nay for snacks|
|Ohya for orange|
|Tata for bye|
|Watch / wash|
|What colour is this?|
|What is that?|
|Where’s dai for where is daddy?|
|Where is sky?|
|Where’s the car?|
|Who is that?|
|Who is this?|
Milestones (Happy 2nd birthday Nathaniel)
- Walks and runs (has been walking since he was 8 months).
- Tells me when he hurts himself.
- Loves taking baths.
- Talks on the phone.
- Gives hugs and kisses.
- Sleeps in his toddler bed.
- Gives Sky our dog treats.
- Points at the light switch for me to switch it on.
- Asks for fruits, chips, sweets, juice and water when he wants them.
- Loves cars, building blocks and balls. He also loves his bubba.
- Gives his own nicknames to words he cannot pronounce.
- Repeats letters A to Q. Skipping F and N.
Happy 2nd birthday Nathaniel
- Loves pointing out colours as we move by.
- Says no sternly while shaking his head when he does not like something.
- He loves mangoes, oranges and apples at some stage he enjoyed grapes.
- Says bye when he is tired and wants to go home.
- Pulls me to the room when people are around so he can breastfeed.
- Counts one, two and nine.
- Points at hair, nose, teeth, eye, letter A.
- He first asks for his bottle then juice or water.
- Taps for attention.
- He enjoys giving massages by stepping on your back. I step on my husband’s back from time to time due to his job.
- Knows, points and says at colours: orange, red, blue, yellow, white and purple.
- Happy 2nd birthday Nathaniel:
- He is determined and strong willed. A quick learner and problem solver. Smiles easily and does not let things get to him. He is bubbly and friendly as long as mom and dad are near.
- Says dirty when he needs a diaper change.
- He does not like strangers.
- Definitely a mom’s boy.
- He loves to join in our conversation.
- When dad tells him to get his shoes, he asks for his shoes from me before going outside for a walk.
- He is not sleeping through the night yet.
- Likes to wash and sanitize his hands. Rubs them on his own with sanitizer
- He takes one nap at night a day, unless very tired, he squeezes a short nap but struggles to sleep at night.
- He knows his things. That this thing is his.
- Does not like it when his hands are dirty.
- Brushes his teeth by himself.
- He opens the door.
- Shows empathy to someone crying.
- He is an outdoorsy person. Loves taking walks and seeing new things.
Part 4: Happy 2nd birthday
Things I have learnt as a first-time mom:
A prolonged Patience.
Cut myself some slack.
Forgiveness: constant forgiveness of yourself, your short comings and your child.
Strengths I never knew I had.
Stress about my other person like stress for myself.
Sacrifice: Beginning from the not so glories of pregnancy, and the racing of my mind at 2am, almost every day I stress. Putting my son first. Taking care of him when ill. You will encounter lots of sacrifice as a mother.
Lots of sleepless nights.
Short attention fillers.
How to cook.
Acceptance of myself and my children.
A deeper love for my husband.
I have learnt that I do not do so good during emergencies. I panic and cry. But I am learning to calm down.
Happy 2nd Birthday Nathaniel. I love you lots. We all love you. May you continue to grow in Gods’ grace and favour. Do not forget mom and dad are always here for you with unconditional love.
More from MrsChettyLife: my birth story
On Instagram: I am doing a series of transitioning to toddler bed from co-sleeping: @mrschettylife http://www.instagram.com/mrschettylife